Families In Recovery
Strengthening Connections One Day at a Time
PA Family Support Alliance developed the Families in Recovery program to provide support and education to families, parents, and children who have been touched by addiction and are living in recovery.
This comprehensive experiential and educational program attends to a variety of challenges and experiences common to parents in recovery, including identifying strengths, needs and resiliencies; exploring healthy parenting in balance with recovery needs, understanding the person-focused and family-centered changes process; promoting healthy parenting and communication styles; developing healthy coping skills and modeling self-care; coping with guilt, shame and stigma; and developing a personalized family blueprint for overall wellness.
- Theoretically integrative framework with a holistic strengths-and-needs approach
- Promotes self-efficacy, resilience, and empowerment
- Inclusive, culturally sensitive, and supports a variety of approaches to recovery-wellness
- Support and education for parents on how to manage emotions and develop sustaining and healthy relationships
- Trauma-informed, family, and person-centered; easy to individualize
- Promotes holistic wellness of parents, caregivers, and children
- Encourages and identifies the importance of developing social connections and increases knowledge of parenting and child development
- Designed to be delivered in seven sessions at two hours per session with flexible structuring to be adapted to meet your program needs
- Appropriate for use in group settings including:
- Inpatient and outpatient treatment
- Parenting collaborative and groups
- Family support programs
- Over 50 pages of valuable content and workspace to be used experientially within a group or on an individual basis
- Participant workbooks are accompanied by instructor manual to support and guide facilitators from various disciplines and education backgrounds
- Instructor manual features supplemental resources: icebreakers, activity suggestions, and handouts
- Informed by and inclusive of The Strengthening Families Protective Factors™
For more information about the Families in Recovery program, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.